Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

Recently I picked up a bottle of Frog Bone Bayou BBQ Sauce at Bergeron's. I bought it for Father's Day. When I did a taste test I decided it was too sweet for dear Dad but I could not wait to use it for a Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. The sweet Cajun heat of the sauce was just begging to be paired with chicken, pineapple, onions and peppers. If you ask me they are made for each other. This sauce is not too sweet and it has a little bit of Cajun spice. It is delicious on chicken but I bet it would be amazing on pork, shrimp and fish. I will be experimenting with it some more. 

This time I made another foil pack on the grill. I layered onions, peppers, pineapple and chicken. Then added a little more Cajun seasoning and a good drizzle of Bayou BBQ. Then I sealed the packet and grilled. It is such a great no watch grill meal. Fast and delicious. I did garnish with a little cilantro. It was fresh and delicious with the BBQ and pineapple flavors. I got a little lazy and did not make a side dish. But next time I will definitely make some rice to soak up the delicious sauce. There was quite a bit of delicious sweet and spicy sauce in the bottom of the packet. It would be great with Microwave Spiced Rice or Mexican White Rice as a side. So give it a try real soon for an easy sweet and spicy weeknight meal.



Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Serves 2

Ingredients

1/2 medium large red onion, cut into 1" dice
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1" dice
1/2 can chunk pineapple in juice
1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
Olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Cajun seasoning, to taste
Frog Bone Bayou BBQ Sauce (a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce)
Cilantro to garnish

Directions

Preheat grill to high heat for 10 minutes.

On one half of a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil layer ingredients; onion, bell pepper, pineapple and season with salt. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning and drizzle with olive oil. Place chicken on top of veggies and drizzle with BBQ sauce. Seal foil packet by folding the other half of foil over the top; then seal and secure the edges. Place on the grill lowering temp to medium. Cook at medium for 10 minutes. Carefully flip packet over, be careful not to tear foil and cook 10 more minutes. Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro.









Check out Frog Bone Bayou BBQ Sauce and all their other sauces. 
Here is a link to their website: Frog Bone Cajun Sauces 
I purchased this sauce and was not compensated 
in any way. All opinions are my own.


Linking to:
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin' Wednesday
Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday - Pineapple

2 comments:

  1. I don't eat a lot of meat and chicken is my go to meat. This looks tasty! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Leslie, I hope you enjoy it. I am really excited about all things cooked in foil these days. It is so easy and nothing to clean up. I think I need to go get more foil. Have a great week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...