Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mexican Coffee Mug Cake

Here is another Fun with Coffee idea. This is a great way to use coffee to make an individual low fat dessert for one. I learned about using the microwave to bake angel food cake mix in a mug from one of those recipe books you see in the grocery store line. I tried their recipe for a chocolate mug cake. It was fine but it gave me the idea to experiment and boost the flavor. I have try many combinations, mixing different ingredients into the basic recipe. It was this experiment that tastes like a Mexican Coffee or Mexican Hot Cocoa that got me to post about it. It is delicious! It has a light texture but a rich deep flavor. I love the coffee, it makes the chocolate flavor darker. The cinnamon is great with the chocolate too. It adds spice and just warms everything up. I will keep experimenting but I see myself making this version time and time again. Such a quick little dessert and you don't have to heat the house up using the oven.



Mexican Coffee Mug Cake
Serves 1

Ingredients

1/4 cup angel food cake mix
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. cool coffee

Directions

Combine cake mix, cocoa and cinnamon in a two cup coffee mug. Stir well until combined. Add coffee and stir well. Microwave on high for one and a half minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing them. I was thinking of doing it soon, just so I can torture myself, LOL! Seriously, this is so stressful for me… I will bookmark your post for futur references. Thanks!
    Funky coffee mugs online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...