Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Denver Breakfast Scramble

I love Denver Omelettes. But honestly I am a hit and miss omelette chef. I have made beautiful omelettes, but most often I make a mess. That is why I love Breakfast Scrambles. They are not suppose to be perfect just delicious. This scramble is loaded with sauteed onions, peppers, ham and cheese. SO GOOD! The onions and peppers is what I enjoy. I must get that from Dad he really enjoys onions and peppers too. But a Denver omelette has ham and cheese too. The combo is just something I crave. I find I don't need to add salt to this scramble the ham and cheese season the eggs and veggies perfectly. Just a little black pepper and you have a perfect breakfast.


Denver Breakfast Scramble 
Serves 1 

Ingredients 

1 tsp. unsalted butter or butter flavored cooking spray 
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2 slices of ham, chopped
2 eggs, beaten 
Black pepper, to taste 
2 Tbsp. 2% sharp cheddar cheese

Directions 

Melt butter if using in a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Add onions and peppers, saute until onion is translucent. Add the ham and stir to combine. Beat eggs with pepper and add to pan. Gently stir eggs until soft curds form, add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted and eggs are set.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I want my eggs fast and an omlet takes too much time. I'd add some herbs like rosemary or fresh thyme. I don't need salt with those herbs. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...