Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw

I don't remember how this recipe came about. I seem to remember making it for a BBQ dinner with the family. It was a huge hit with Mom and dear sister back then. I love the sweet heat in this slaw. The honey and rice vinegar adds just a hint of sweetness. They also balance the heat of the pickled jalapenos. The cilantro is also a great ingredient in this slaw, adds lots of flavor and freshness. This slaw is so fresh and light, perfect for a BBQ, fried fish or on tacos. That is my plan for this slaw tonight. It is going to add crunch to my Piri Piri Salmon Tacos. So I hope you will give it a try and don't forget to check out the tacos too.


Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients

1 bag coleslaw mix
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped

Directions

Whisk vinegar, oil, salt, honey and jalapenos in a large bowl. Add cilantro and coleslaw mix; toss well to coat and let flavors blend about 30 minutes. 




Linking to:
Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday - Picnic Food
My Pinterventures: Summer Salads Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...