Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Muffy Tortilla Pizza

Here is a quick little post. Today I threw together a recipe made with odds and ends of things I had in the house. I had about an inch and half of a salami stick, a few slices of ham and just a little bit of cheese left in a bag. I always have tortillas on hand and olives in the frig, but today I even had red peppers too. So I decided to make a pizza. I made it a white pizza and left off the sauce, besides there is no sauce on a muffy. Let me tell you, this little Tortilla Pizza has all the flavor of a Muffaletta or "Muffy" but with out all the bread or carbs. It was so delicious! I think if I had pepperoncini and giardiniera I would have added that too. Maybe next time. I will definitely make it again and soon. It taste just like a muffaletta but thin and crispy like a thin crust pizza. So good! I hope you will give it a try.



Muffy Tortilla Pizza
Serve 2

Ingredients

2 small flour tortilla 
olive oil cooking spray
4 Tbsp. Italian cheese blend or Mozzarella, shredded
3 slices of ham, chopped
6 black olives (kalamata), sliced
6 green olives, sliced
6 slices of a hard salami stick
1 jar roasted red pepper, torn

Directions

Place a sheet pan upside down on the middle rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Spray one side of each tortilla with olive oil spray. Place tortilla spray side down on a piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle each tortilla with cheese. Top with ham, olives, salami and red peppers. Place your tortillas and foil on the sheet pan in the center of the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the foil and enjoy!

Print It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...