Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Italian Egg Thingy

Messy, messy, messy, but oh so good! Well really it isn't messy, I am messy. I am the one who made that blob of sauce on the plate, I am the one who broke the egg yolk when I flipped it. I was a mess trying to make this post happen. I have made a ton of Egg Thingys with out these technical difficulties. But for some reason this Italian version wants to be shown with all it's or my imperfections. I have made it three times and each time a little something was not photo worthy. However each time it was delicious. So this recipe is for eating and enjoying not for looking or admiring. So devour it's cheesy crispy goodness. Enjoy the Italian flavor of the Parmesan, Italian seasoning and pasta sauce. If you are lucky you can achieve a running yolk to mix and mingle with everything. That's how I like to serve it. If everything goes according to plan you get the rich runny egg yolk to coat the crispy tortilla. I love the bite with a little bit of everything. Such a different breakfast or breakfast for dinner option. I hope you will give it a try.



Italian Egg Thingy
Serves 1

Ingredients

Olive oil
1 - 6" flour tortilla
1 large egg
Kosher salt
Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese
Pasta sauce

Directions

Drizzle olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, put a tortilla into the pan. Crack the egg on top of the tortilla and sprinkle with Parmesan. Let the egg cook on top of the tortilla for a minute or two just until eggs starts to set. When the tortilla is brown underneath, flip the tortilla over with a spatula and cook the egg on the other side for another minute. While cooking, sprinkle with a dash of salt and Italian seasoning. Once cooked, remove to a plate and serve egg side up with warm pasta sauce for dipping.










Is Mexican food more your thing? 


Linking to:

1 comment:

  1. How about a Mexican Huevos Quesadilla? But I like your name too. Cute.
    This sounds tasty to me whatever you call it. Thanks for sharing

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...