Sunday, April 20, 2014

Roast Beef and Cucumber Sandwich

Well here is the sandwich that inspired the Creamy Cucumber Dressing. Well sort of... I could not find pita bread when I went to the store. So I modernized the recipe by using sandwich thins. They were perfect for this flavor combo. The thin bread let the savory roast beef, crispy cucumbers and creamy dreamy dressing shine through. It really brought me back to my childhood. I am so glad I, we all can make this sandwich or pita again. We don't have to rely on a bottle of dressing from the store any more. Smile!


Roast Beef and Cucumber Sandwich
Serves 1

Ingredients

1 Sandwich thin (or Pita)
3 slices Deli Roast Beef
6 or 7 English cucumber slices
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Creamy Cucumber Dressing [Click here for the recipe]

Directions

Place one sandwich thin on a plate. Spread the bottom half with a little dressing. Place two or three slices of roast beef on top of the dressing. Top with sliced cucumbers, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little more dressing and top with other half of sandwich thin. Enjoy!




Linking to:
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin' Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...