Sunday, March 2, 2014

Magazine Review: 2 New Trinity Flavors

Here is just a heads up. In the March/April issue of Louisiana Cookin' magazine, they have an article called Building Flavor with the Trinity. They include a Traditional Trinity recipe and two new flavors. At least they are new to me. They also include recipes in which to use each of the new flavors. The first is a Smoky Trinity flavor. They use a roasted poblano pepper instead of a bell pepper and they add smoky paprika and ground chipotle powders. I can't wait to try this one in a soup of some sort. You know how I love poblanos. The second new flavor is a Spicy Trinity. I am a little intimidated by the potential heat of this one. They use jalapeno instead of bell pepper and add crushed red pepper and cayenne. In my experience, spicy heat builds in long cooking foods. This recipe maybe best suited for quick dishes, at least for me and my heat tolerances. Either way I am excited about experimenting with both new flavors.

I checked and the recipes are not on their website yet. I so want to post the recipes or a photo of them, but I don't want to break the copyright law. So rush out to get yours or order your copy now or you will miss out. I will be sure to post any experimenting I do in the future.



Here is my family recipe for 

Traditional Trinity

1 large onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
3 ribs of celery, diced

Depending on the recipe your cooking, saute in olive oil, 
butter or a roux made of equal parts flour and oil.

for Gumbos, Soups and Stews all including the Trinity.

Magazine Cover

Linking to:
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chick Blog Hop
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo

1 comment:

  1. I read that article and was immediately drawn to the Smoky Trinity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...