Thursday, February 6, 2014

Recipe Review: Black Bean Stoup

For the past three maybe even four years, I have been participating in a Christmas card recipe exchange. A very special woman organizes it. She receives emails from all of us and arranges the participants into groups. You send ten Christmas cards with your favorite recipes to relative strangers and you receive ten Christmas cards with recipes in return. It is so much fun to see where the card came from and what the giver likes to cook. This year I received a recipe for Black Bean Stoup. It is the first recipe I decided to cook from the exchange. It turns out it is a Rachael Ray recipe [Click here for the original recipe]. The only difference between the recipes is that the giver added lime juice, so I squeezed the juice of a small lime in at the end of cooking. Both recipes called for 2 or 3 tablespoons of hot sauce. I used 3 tablespoons of Cholula hot sauce. I LOVE that stuff! It adds a smokey spice that you just can't get from just any hot sauce. It was so good! I will definitely make this recipe again. I loved everything about it. The veggies are a little tender crisp and the beans soft. The flavor was amazing too. The cumin and hot sauce added a lot of smokey goodness. This was a great recipe and I am so happy to have received it this year.



See the card below? It is a Scentsy card! 
I did not know these existed until this year. The thoughtful person who sent the recipe tucked it into a wonderful great smelling Scentsy card. You open the envelope and the warm spicy scent of Christmas wafted out. There is a little scent disc in the card. It still smells like Christmas right now. 
I think I might need to send these cards next Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...