Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Salted English Toffee Coffee

One night dear sister brought over a Salted Hot Cocoa Mix from Starbucks. It was delicious. The next morning still savoring the salted chocolate goodness, I set out to make a hot beverage of my own. I came up with Salted English Toffee Coffee. It has a nice ring to it doesn't it? It is so delicious. It reminds me of English Toffee candy. If you decide to use real brown sugar you may need to use a little more than 2 teaspoons. When I tried it, it was not toffee tasting or sweet enough. The brown sugar splenda was so much better. I hope you will enjoy this drink all holiday long.




Salted English Toffee Coffee
Serves 1

Ingredients

2 tsp brown sugar splenda*
1 tsp hot cocoa mix*
non-dairy creamer, to taste
pinch of sea salt
1 mug freshly brewed coffee

Directions

Combine dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Pour hot coffee over ingredients stirring to combine.

*Note: I used the teaspoon I use to stir my coffee to measure these ingredients. I used a level or softly rounded spoon.

Linking to:
Turnips 2 Tangerines: Four Seasons Blog Hop
My Turn for Us: Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends
Horrific Knits: Fall Into the Holidays
My Personal Accent: Blog Strut Owl Style
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo

3 comments:

  1. Love your site and all the fun recipes! Thanks for sharing on the Four Seasons Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely delicious - and perfect for a cold night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm trying this ASAP! Thanks, Denise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...