Friday, December 6, 2013

Inside Out Egg Roll [Re-post]

Here are the photos I promised. Sister and I made Inside Out Egg Rolls again. We were going to make Spicy Edamame too but sister forgot them at the store. She went to the store with out a list and forgot all about them. Who does not do this? I forget stuff on my list sometimes [Shaking my head in shame]. LOL!!!

The Inside Out Egg Rolls were delicious yet again! It really does taste like an egg roll without the fried skin. This time we added green onions and sesame seeds to the recipe I originally posted [Click here]. This stir-fry is a great quick meal. Next time I think I will add a few shrimp. YUM!



Inside Out Egg Roll
Serves 3-4

Ingredients

1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 a roll of reduced fat pork or turkey breakfast sausage
1 or 2 garlic cloves, grated
1" piece of ginger, grated
1 bag (16 oz.) Cole slaw mix 
Soy sauce (reduced sodium) to taste
1/8 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
Salt, white pepper and red pepper flakes to taste

Optional garnishes:

Green onions, sliced
Toasted sesame seeds
Fried Chinese noodles

Directions

Sauté sausage in oil until brown. Add garlic, ginger, and slaw mix; saute until it starts to reduce in size. Add soy sauce, five spice powder, salt and peppers to taste. Sauté a little longer and serve. Garnish with any or all garnishes from above.






Linking to:
Life on Lakeshore Drive: Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
My Plate of Crumbs: Random Recipe Roundup
Call Me PMc: Marvelous Mondays
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen: Show Me Your Plaid Mondays
Mommy On Demand: Create it or Bake it
Stone Cottage Adventures: Tuesday with a Twist
Ma Niche: Tasty Tuesday
Dizzy Busy and Hungry: Wine'd Down Wednesday
Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday - Quick & Easy

3 comments:

  1. Even with a list in my hand I still forget.
    As someone who is terrible at rolling foods (think burritos & enchiladas), I can appreciate this dish! The flavors of an egg roll without having to roll!

    There's a jar of five spice in my pantry that is in need of a good idea. Thanks!
    And thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, This sounds amazing and I can't wait to give it atry! I love egg rolls but I love how you can eat it without the roll! Your recipe had the most views this week so come back over on tuesday and check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a surprise! Thank you so much for letting me know. I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is so fast. I have it on the menu again this week. I can't wait for Tuesday! See you then.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...