Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hunan Chili Mushrooms Part Deux

Last month I created this recipe to answer a big veggie craving. It was delicious but not very pretty. (Click here for original post) Let's face it, it was BROWN! And it did not photograph well at all. Well I have made it two times since then and made some modifications. I used baby bellas halved or quartered depending on their size. This fixed the "brown" problem. I also added a little more soy sauce and sherry so there is more sauce in the finished dish. I also added to the fiery heat of the dish. I now use the entire jalapeno seeds and all. It is even better and so much more attractive. My only regret is I still haven't taken a photo to do it justice. I will keep trying. I see myself making this dish very often.



Hunan Chili Mushrooms
Serves 2 or 4 as part of a multi-course meal

Ingredients

1 lb mushrooms (baby bellas), halved or quartered
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp dry sherry
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp brown sugar
1 can baby corn, drained
3 to 5 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
1” piece of ginger, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips 1" long
1 jalapeno, halved and sliced
1 tsp hot chili oil
Hot cooked rice

Directions

Prepare mushrooms and other ingredients. Combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and brown sugar in medium bowl, set aside.

Heat work over high heat for 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle 1 Tbsp vegetable oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until mushrooms begin to brown. Push mushrooms to the sides of wok drizzle in remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oil add corn, onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper and jalapeno to wok stir-fry 1 minute. Add sauce mixture and chili oil. Cook and stir until heated through and sauce begins to thicken. Serve over hot rice.






Linking to:
My Mixing Spoon: Random Recipe Roundup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...