Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quickie Pad Thai

I discovered this recipe in Redbook magazine while at the hair salon back in August. The article was about 3 no cook pasta sauces. I wrote down the title of the article, the issue month and the ingredients for one of the recipes. I just new I would be able to find the recipes on-line. I have been so disappointed, I keep looking but have yet to see the article on-line. So I had to go it alone and try the recipe from the list of ingredients. It is a great easy weeknight recipe. It makes a lot of great noodles and veggies. The leftovers were perfect for lunch later in the week. The flavor of the sauce was well balanced and big on peanut flavor. I found for my taste, I would like a little more spice so I added a drizzle of Sriracha. It was perfect then. Dear sister wanted more salt so she added ponzu to her portion. So I suggest letting everyone customize their bowls with the garnishes of their choice. Definitely a recipe I will make again. Delicious!




Quickie Pad Thai
Adapted from: Redbook August 2013
Make 6 servings                                     

Ingredients

1 lb. linguine, dry uncooked
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
1/4 to 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
1to 1-1/2 cup sugar snap peas, sliced on the diagonal

For the sauce:
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup water

For the garnishes:
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1 lime, sliced into wedges
Sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
Additional soy sauce (optional)

Directions

Place a large pot of water to boil. In the mean time, prepare vegetables and garnishes. Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sugar, and water in a small bowl whisk until smooth. Season the water with salt and drop pasta into boiling water. Cook pasta according to box instructions.

Drain pasta and mix with sauce, carrots, onions, and snap peas. Divide into bowls. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges, Sriracha and additional soy sauce.





Linking to:
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen: Show Me Your Plaid Monday's
This Gal Cooks: Marvelous Mondays Link Party
Love Bakes Good Cakes: All My Bloggy Friends
Memories By the Mile: Tuesday Trivia - Arizona and Link Party
Anyonita's Nibbles: Tasty Tuesdays
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin Wednesday
My Turn For Us: Freedom Fridays
Carole's Chatter: Food on Fridays - Nuts

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thank you for the recipe! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sauce sounds fantastic! And what a fun idea for everyone to customize their own. Thank you for sharing, Denise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...