Sunday, February 24, 2013

Grilled Vegetables

Oh Boy! I am so behind blogging. I have been cooking just not writing. Today I am going to catch up. You have been warned.

Last week my sister and I had burgers on the brain. We decided to put her grill to work again and grill vegetables with a side of burgers. These vegetables are so easy and go with almost everything. They are great hot, cold or room temperature. Great added to homemade hummus or soup. So I always make a lot, I fill the grill from one side to the other. The secret ingredient is a Italian Dressing and Seasoning Mix. I found this recipe as a copycat recipe for Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix. I did not like it as a salad dressing. It was not quite as good as the original. But I love it as a dry seasoning for vegetables. I hope you will too.




Grilled Vegetables
Serves: 4

Ingredients

1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2” rounds
2 red onions, sliced into 1/2” rounds
2 red bell pepper, quartered
2 portabella mushrooms
2 small zucchini, sliced in half length wise
2 small yellow squash, sliced in half length wise
Olive oil
Italian Dressing and Seasoning Mix

Directions

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Rub all vegetables with a little olive oil. Season with Italian Dressing and Seasoning Mix. Place vegetables on the grill, start with mushrooms they will take the longest. Grill for 6 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Cooking time will vary depending on your grill. Some vegetables will cook a little faster than others. I keep a serving bowl handy and place vegetables in the bowl as they cook.





Italian Dressing and Seasoning Mix
Adapted from Copycat Good Season’s Recipe

Ingredients

1 Tbsp Garlic salt
1 Tbsp Onion powder
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Oregano
1 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Basil
1 Tbsp Parsley
1/4 tsp Celery salt
2 Tbsp Salt

Directions

Combine all ingredients well. Store in a pint mason jar. This seasoning can be used to season vegetables or as a salad dressing.

For Salad Dressing:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2/3 cup oil
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp Italian Dressing and Seasoning Mix

Combine all ingredients and shake well.

Linking to:
Mondays with Countrified Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...