Friday, January 18, 2013

Refried Beans

Here is the way I jazz up can refried beans. They are just a little bit spicy from the additional Mexican spices and a little fresh from the addition of more onion. A great complement to the Chili Rellenos Tacos and White Mexican Rice.





Refried Beans
Servings: 8

1/2 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (15 oz) cans refried beans
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno slices, minced
Cilantro, for garnish

Spray a 1-1/2 quart round casserole with lid with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, microwave on high covered for 1 minute. Add beans, jalapeno peppers, and seasonings and mix well. Microwave covered on high 1-1/2 minutes. Stir well and microwave another 1-1/2 minutes until heated through. Serve garnished with cilantro.


Chili Rellenos Taco Plate

6 comments:

  1. Know how much I love refried beans?
    A LOT!

    Your entire Mexican dinner looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Michelle, Do you know how much I LOVE my sister's grill? A LOT!!! I see lots of grilling posts when it gets a little warmer. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me the fantastic feedback on my kitchen flooring dilemma! It was much appreciated and valued! Sounds like you know your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sue, I am sure that new floor will be the crowning touch on your very cute kitchen. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to change up regular refried beans! I'd love to have you come and link up at Taste and Tell Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Deborah, I would love to. Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comment. I will see you Thursday!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...