Monday, November 5, 2012

Pasta Mama

My sister is a little OBSESSED with what she calls "Breakfast Pasta"(pasta and eggs, sometimes bacon). She came over Sunday and wanted to make Pasta Mama with the leftover spaghetti from Saturday. We had seen a show on Food Network, I think is was one of the Best Thing I Ever Ate shows. They showed Pasta Mama from Hugo's Restaurant. My sister has been talking about this since that episode. It looked delicious, but I was not excited at all to try making it at home. I can't tell you how many times I have made "Breakfast Pasta" with my sister and it is just okay. We have made Pasta Carbonara at least three times. Now we have tried Pasta Mama. This recipe grew on me. When I took a taste from the pot I thought this is not worth sharing. But with the addition of a little salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes I think we have something. I will try it again sometime. I suggest tempering the eggs with a little drizzle of hot water before adding it to the pasta. I think the sauce will be smoother. My sister wants to try it again with bacon too. Below is a last minute photo.




Pasta Mama
Source: Hugo’s Restaurant

Ingredients

For Dry Seasonings:
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp onion powder

For Pasta:
5 oz. of pasta (about 1/3 lb. fresh or dry)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cloves minced garlic
2 TBS. chopped parsley
1 TBS. olive oil (or butter)
1 TBS. water
1 TBS. of fresh grated Parmesan
1 TSP. dry seasonings
salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste

Directions

Prepare all ingredients and have ready for use. Combine ingredients for dry seasoning and set aside. Chop garlic and parsley. Beat eggs and measure parmesan.

Prepare the pasta. If using fresh it takes 2-3 minutes. Follow directions on package of dry pasta. Leftover pasta can also be used. Add it at the same time as below and warm in pan with 1 TBS hot water before adding eggs and parsley.

Turn on medium flame. Pour oil (or melt butter) in 10 inch sauté pan.

Add minced garlic and 1 tsp mixed seasoning; sauté together 1- 2 min.

Add parsley; add pasta with 1 TBS hot water (Make sure leftover pasta or cold pasta is hot before adding parsley or eggs).

Temper the eggs with a little hot water, drizzle in the hot water while whisking the eggs. Add beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly.

Add Parmesan, and season to taste cook through and serve.

Linking to:
Carole's Chatter Food on Friday's Pasta and Noodle

4 comments:

  1. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about pasta and noodles! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking in Denise. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...